April 27, 2007

More Flapdoodle


More flap from Flapdoodle by Alan Schwartz

A hungry boy gave a penny for a custard pie. He throwed that pie through a brick wall nine feet thick. Then he jumped over the wall and broke his ankle just above the elbow. When his cat started singing "Yankee Doodle," the boy jumped into a dry creek and drowned. Meanwhile, the cat grabbed off nine turkey gobblers that were passing through town. Then he climbed into a tree with them and lived happily ever after. Forty years later to the very day the boy saddled up an old hog and drove past that house

I went down a long, broad, short, narrow road, and there I met a pigsty tied to an elder bush. I knocked at the maid and the door came out. She asked if I could eat a glass of buttermilk and drink a crust of bread and cheese. I said, "No, thank you. Don't mind if I do." Then I went a bit further and I met a bark and he dogged at me.

Library