June 11, 2007

Pirate Poetry written at Teen Coffee House

Acrostic

Pirate poetry
Is fun!
Reading
A lot
Takes you
Everywhere on
Schooners.


Tongue Twister

Pirates play piano partly perfectly while playing groovy gigantic guitars great!

Limerick

There once was a pirate named Pete
who loved to eat parrot meat.
But his parrot named Peggy
ate the pirate's leggy.
Now Pete limps along on the street.


The Ballad of Long John Silvers and the Quicksand Treasure

Our boat was on the ocean
floating up to an island.
Long John Silvers lost 3 fingers
to a shark.


singing:
"The shark had a big giant mark
that looked like a tree
and stung like a bee.
She led the boat to ruin
on an island they maroon'd."


He followed a trail
next thing you know
he walked into quicksand
and sank with a thump.


singing:
"A treasure chest below me feet
and now I stay and live and eat!
15 men on a dead man's chest
Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum!"


Spoonerism (in honor of Runny Babbit by Shel Silverstein)

Tirates Preasure

My name is chesure test.
My landels are my histening ears.
My lock is my nunny rose.
Open my louth mid and glee what sows!


Free Verse

Take a boat to summer reading...bring your books along!

Library