July 20, 2007

Babysitting Resources



A song for babysitting siblings from the children's book Take Me Out of the Bathtub and Other Silly Dilly Songs written by Alan Katz and illustrated by David Catrow.


Stinky Stinky Diaper Change
(To the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star")

Stinky stinky diaper change
Boy, my brother smells so strange
He made something in his pants
Sure hope it won't attract ants
Stinky stinky diaper change
Boy, my brother smells so strange!

It's okay, don't hold your nose
Now he's clean and in fresh clothes
All his stuff is often stained
Can't wait till he's potty trained
He's so cute in his playpen
What's that smell? Oh...not again!


One of the chorus verses from

The Yogurt Flies Straight From My Brother

(To the tune of "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean")

Food fight! Food fight!
There's food on the counter and chairs! And chairs!
Food fight! Food fight!
There's tons of meat loaf in my hair
.


An exerpt from I Have a Baby-sitter Here with Me

To the tune of "I Have a Little Baby Bumblebee")

My baby-sitter's gonna raid the snacks
Cookies, candy, a box of Cracker Jack
She chomped so fast that right before my eyes
She...ate the pizza!

For Sale from Shel Silverstein's Where the Sidewalk Ends.

One sister for sale!
One crying and spying young sister for sale!
I'm really not kidding,
So who'll start the bidding?
Do I hear a dollar?
A nickel?
A penny?
Oh, isn't there, isn't there, isn't there any
One kid who will buy this old sister for sale,
This crying and spying young sister for sale?

Library